Thursday, December 24, 2009

....He leads people astray

12/24/09 It's the day before Christmas and much of my world is in different levels of chaos. How is yours? There has been so much blessing in my life but it seems that right now there is a crap load of unresolvable junk. You know you life is interesting when you are going to start treatments for an incurable disease and the unknown side-affects that are with it and its ranks about forth of the things in my life that need my limited attention and abilities.
I was reading John 7: 12 and one of the concerns about Jesus was that he was .... leading people astray while others thought that He was a good man. Don't know if I ever have had the feeling completely but I know that I must not trust Him at some level because I don't really sell out to Him. I resist His leading and yet I plead for his direction..... strange beast that I am.
It's ironic that this is just why He came. To connect with people on a human level who don't always do what they should, want or even think. To think that God lowered Himself to man, we could never raise ourselves to God. He comes as a babe so that He could truly understand our temptation and understand the allure of sin but He he also came to one day be the ultimate sacrifice for sin. Think about it.... the people in His day didn't know what to do with Him and neither do we. Is He truth or is He 'leading us astray." I have to decide, you have to decide either He is an insane lunatic or He tells the truth and the angels tell the truth and he is the "savior of the world..... doing it one person at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment