Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dying Daily

1/17/2010 Had a good day in church today. My pastor gave a great message on the need for the "Refiners fire" to help drive the dross out of my life. There is plenty of dross and I am grateful for this aspect of God's love and caring. He loves me enough to not let me be the way I am but that he is constantly trying to make me into the man of God he wants me to be. For those of us who have had our mortality jump up and smash us in the face some may think that God is not fair. Let me say again that this is not a matter of fairness but the perfect plan of a perfect God, it is I who am imperfect.

God can only really use us when we are of a "broken spirit." Too bad we have to be broken to be made whole, but its better then remaining broken. John 14 this is the "many mansions" text but the part I like today as I reread was verse 3-4,, ... I will come and get you and you will be with Me always... v4 YOU KNOW WHERE I AM GOING AND YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THERE. (NLV) As clear as John 3:16 may be it needs to be clearer and lived more clearly in my life. I am grateful He has saved me, I am glad to know where I am going and I am glad to know how I will get there. Jesus and Jesus only.

No comments:

Post a Comment