Monday, January 25, 2010

Healed of Being Healed

1/24/2010 I've never seen anybody "truly" healed. There are many miraculous examples of people being healed of life-long disease and disability and many first-hand accounts of the same, but me personally....

Now if you think for one moment that I don't believe that God can heal or that He still is not providing healing miracles, you are wrong. I just believe that for the most part God has not chosen that avenue to show and declare His Glory. Maybe in this day of parlor-tricks which are so inventive, (disappearing airplanes, the Statue of Liberty, and such and then the possibly demon influenced modern day illusionist's acts of "walking on water, full levitation, floating down the side of multi-story buildings, stepping through a glass door, etc) I and others have become a bit jaded.

My jadedness, or unbelief, is probably not much different than those who will not accept what God the Trinity has done. They want to believe, they know others who believe, they have heard testimony of a "spiritual healing" and yet for them they will not allow themselves to believe that Jesus and Jesus alone "is the way the truth and the life, NO ONE comes to the Father BUT BY HIM. Really, we all want to get to heaven, we just want to get there on our own terms.

I pray for my healing and I know there are many of you who pray for my healing, please keep praying... and believe me if I go for a checkup and this incurable disease can not be seen or recognized in my body.. to the glory of God there will be many, maybe thousands who will hear about it, but if not...? I still hope there will be thousands who hear about it because I believe in God and His power, not because he can heal me physically, I trust God and am trusting God because He has "healed me of needing to be healed." My wife Jan is reading a book for the third or fourth time called You Gotta Keep Dancing by Tim Hansel I believe. His book came after a terrible rock climbing fall that spared his life but gave him unimaginable amounts of pain and suffering. He prayed for healing also but finally was "healed of needing to be healed."

Finding depth in the glory of God that he would have never found had he not fallen was now worth every painful and tortured step. He (and I) realize that when God shows you Himself in an intimate way, there is nothing like it. Would I trade physical healing for the uncertainty of an eternal life with God the Trinity... not a chance. God has "healed" me because He has shown me clearly that "Jesus is the way... the only way... and I have been given just glimpses of God's glory and it is enough... I have been "healed" spiritually... so I really am "healed of needing to be healed." A gazillion years of heavenly glory and bliss or a physical life filled with wanton pleasure and spiritual ignorance.... give me Jesus. How do I know? God has shown me just a peak of His Glory and it is enough for me to make that choice freely...To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment