Saturday, January 16, 2010

He Gave To Save

1/16/2010 My son Bryan gave me Lucado's book 3:16. Certainly one if not the most recongnizable bible references in the world. Rainbow haired people carry signs at sporting events nearly every child who attends any Sunday School learns this verse at a young age. Of course the reference is John 3:16 but in Lacado's wonderful way of writing there is depth that we often do not look at. Lacado says in chapter one, "The heart of the human problem is the heart of the human. And God's treatment is prescribed in John 3:16
He Loves
He Gave
We Believe
We Live
It is without doubt one of the verses that carries the truth of the Gospel in a nutshell. There are 66 books in the bible and yet there is enough theology in this one verse to keep anyone and everyone from spending an eternity in hell. The verse says we will not "perish" but many will choose to perish and the problem with this perishing is that it is on-going and everlasting.

Where I hope to spend even more time in the time I have left is in delving into the depths of how deep He Loves, how much He gave, too what extent I can believe and how fully I can live. Thankfully and with gratitude God has often and graciously given me God-only insight into some of these life-long desires and I hope to share some with you and hope you may share some in return. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" what I am needing to believe in is how He loves and how completely

He loves when there are aspects of my life that some could argue are not the acts of a loving God, particularly having incurable cancer. But at no time has this seemed like the cruel act of a so-called loving God but much more the natural consequences of a world that has chosen not to believe God since the perfectness of the garden and the early disobedience of Adam and Eve. God offers all, and somehow we think He is holding back on us and that to have true fullness of life I needed to feed the unhealthy desires of an oft deprave human being. Lucky for me and the whole world, His love is and always will be greater than my depravity. He is to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment