Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Praying for Myself

1/20/2010 John 17: says that Jesus prayed for Himself and said, "Glorify your Son so that I can glorify the Father. ... and this is the way to have eternal life... to know you the only true God and Jesus Christ the one you sent to earth." What a glorious thought but what does it mean to know God and to know Jesus well enough to "have eternal life?"

Old example still holds some weight. Most people will say they know God or they might say they know about Him but is that enough, some might even say believe in God... isn't that enough... the Bible says... believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and though shalt be saved... so we have to believe but we must have enough faith to trust what we believe to save us... how much belief how much faith?

Back to old example...... I can watch a tight rope walker pushing a wheel barrel across Niagara Falls. I can watch it, I can see it with my own eyes, I can believe what I saw but faith .....would have me get in the wheel barrel. Don't let satan lie to you don't let him lie to me... get in the wheel barrel and get in often... daily is best but, like Jesus I must pray for myself, I can do nothing on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment